Practical Information for Incoming Students

The SNSPA European Programs Office will take care of the incoming students both from administrative and academic perspective. Before the beginning of the semester, there is an orientation meeting with all the Erasmus students, guiding them through all the procedures. In order to have a better integration of the incoming students, we also try to assign an “Erasmus Buddy”, a Romanian student, usually a former Erasmus student. Support is also provided by students’ associations, especially by our partner ESN ASE.

Language course
For incoming students a Romanian language and culture class is being organized for whole academic year. The class has 3 ECTS.

Medical insurance
In Bucharest, there is a rich network of specialist hospitals, health centers, physician offices of all specializations, dentistry and prosthetic health centers and offices. Students from EU member states entitled to a temporary stay on the Romanian territory should have the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) issued in their home country. In case it is not possible to obtain the above mentioned card it is necessary to purchase medical insurance individually.

Citizens of EU countries do not require a student visa to enter Romania. They can enter Romania with an ID document (a valid travel document e.g. passport, or another document certifying identity and citizenship).
Non European Union Citizens are required to apply for a student visa prior to leaving their home country. Applications should be made at your nearest Romanian Consulate. For further information on the visa regulations, please check the Romanian Foreign Affairs’ Ministry website (

The books and journals available in the SNSPA library cover areas such as public and European administration, communication studies, advertising & public relations, political science and political communication, sociology, philosophy, critical theory, international relations. Students may access international databases from computers located in the SNSPA headquarter. Foreign students can borrow books using their student ID card.

More information on